Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last night's game story; news on new stadium

Here's the game story from last night.

Also, I've been working all afternoon on a story on the progress on the bid for a new baseball stadium for Laredo.

Everything looks good to go, and the bid is expected to beat the Aug. 26 deadline and make the November ballot.

I won't give the full story, but here are a few comments from city officials:

City Manager Carlos Villarreal: “Yes, I’m confident we can get it done. All we want is a first-rate staidum for the city of Laredo.”

District II councilman Hector "Tito" Garcia: “You can’t run before you start walking. We’ve got to allocate the money first, then make sure the design is the right size for the community. After those things are done, we’ll worry about the Broncos or anybody else coming in. Cost and how we’ll build it is our priority right now.”

Also, I've been hearing that readers of the blog are having difficulty sending comments to the articles posted here.

I agree, it's a mess.

To make things easier, email me your comments at densilva2@gmail.com and I will post them and have comment articles every so often.

Send me any questions you may have as well and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

No comments: